Real Life Situations (A19)
"The limits of my language are the limits of my world" - Ludwig Wittgenstein
The aim of the project is to make young learners aware of the importance of learning English. The project shows the necessity of acquiring the language while facing real life situations that are possible and very probable to happen for every young European citizen travelling abroad.
Teenagers from three different European countries (France, Poland and Romania) cooperated together to prepare scenarios, record videos and create sets of exercises which aim to be the educational base of ready-to-use lessons for other teachers and learners of English to make the process of teaching and learning easier, faster and more successful.
11 - 16
PL, ES, RO, EN
Aims And Objectives
The goal is to engage students in the process of learning the language through role-playing and interaction. creating scenarios, acting and making the videos.
Students from three different countries use various internet tools (eTwinning, Moodle, Facebook, Skype) and computer programmes to communicate and prepare the common work.
During the meetings they create:
1. writing scenarios (Poland, 2015)
2. recording the videos (Romania, 2016)
3. producing the sets of exercises (France, 2017)
Being a part of international project make the students feel more self- confident European citizens. They learn how to react in a natural way in everyday-life situations using foreign languages.
The variety of tasks to prepare for the project gives the possibility to engage students to use different languages on different educational levels. Both students and teachers will share their tasks responsibilities to create the final products: e-book, website and teaching materials
Romanian lesson plans:
French lesson plans
Real Life Situations meetings' programmes:
Here you can find a link to the evaluation of the sub project.
- FR Participants video presentation 2014-2015 (external site)
- FR student video Christmas time 2014-2015 (external site)
- FR student video "Les Landes" 2014-2015 (external site)
- RO Romanian students video presentation 2014-2015 (external site)
- Scenarios for the videos real life situations 2014-2015 (zip)
- Movie 1 - videos real life situation: bank - grocer - railway station (external site)
- Movie 2 - videos real life situation: hotel - restaurant (external site)
- Movie 3 - videos real life situation: host family - in the street - at the airport (external site)
- Movie 4 - videos real life situation: doctor - taxi (external site)
- Movie 5 - videos real life situation: clothes shop - post office (external site)
- What MARTISOR is? Making and sending martisoare by post_RO (pdf)
- Video: "A regular day of my life" (a film by Daniela Milea)_RO (external site)
- Video: "A day of my winter holiday" (a film by Andrei Constantinescu)_RO (external site)
- Video: "A regular day of my life" (a film by Andreea Lazaroiu)_RO (external site)
- Video: "This is my day!" (a movie by Clara Folea)_RO (external site)
- Video: "A joyful normal day of my life" (a movie by Arina Negoitescu") (external site)
- Video: "My daily routine" (a movie by Stefania Chelu)_RO (external site)
- Movies "A regular day of my life" (print screens)_RO (pdf)
- PPt: "Romanian old daily traditions and folk costumes"_RO (pdf)
- Exercises to the videos: in a host family - at the airport - at the doctor's - at the hotel PL 2016-2017 (docx)
- Exercises to the videos: in the street, in a clothes shop, in a taxi, at the restaurant (pdf)
- Mother Tongue